Saturday, November 10, 2007

Greenbrier

Since we moved here I have been trying to think of a name for our house but nothing seemed to work until the other day when I was puttering in the guest room getting ready for my parents visit. While restocking the supplies like TP, toothpaste, deodorant, fresh soap and the like the thought came to me to put new robes for the guest rooms on my wish list. From there it went to having the rooms be stocked like a resort hotel then on and on as that goes.............Well from that puttering came the idea to get the robes from The Greenbrier hotel because I remembered that they had big green G's, which is the first letter of our last name, on them and the monogram would be a nice touch.
Then I started to remember my trip to The Greenbrier many years ago and thought about their use of bright colors balanced with a lot of white just like we are doing in this house, so maybe we could borrow the names for our much less grand, but never-the-less similar, at least in future direction, interior style. I really don't think they would mind and we do have plenty of green outside, OK not many other similarities but what the heck, Greenbrier it is.

The robes cost a bundle so will most likely be put on the back burner but out of my puttering came the name for our house, how divine, as Candice Olson would say. Hope everyone has a good weekend and fits in a little time for puttering, you never know what may come from it.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect name for your home! As far as the robes - you could always buy a couple white robes and have them embroidered.... or do so with the many robes you already have for your guests!!! I simply must find time to get down there to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is my first visit here. Thank you so much for leaving such a nice comment about my mosaic tea cart! I am glad I found your blog. I have spent some time reading thru past posts and have enjoyed them all! I especially loved seeing your mosaic platter! I have added you blog to my "favorites" on my blog. I would love to be added to yours too!

    Come visit me again - I am having a 100 post giveaway...
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue