Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
I hope everyone had a good Memorial weekend. We spent time with friends and putzing around the yard. This week I need to get busy inside, the dust has a way of creeping in even when there is no one home.
At least I don't have to worry about the get-away laundry since John hit the valet button on the key thingy and everything is still locked in the trunk of the car. We can't figure out how to switch it back, to be able to open the trunk, since the key thingy hasn't worked in months and of course the dealership was closed over the holiday weekend. So, today's projects are getting the trunk opened, returning some Harley things & starting the house cleaning.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
OK, apparently blogger will let me load two but not three pictures. Here's a couple more, the window box on the right needed 2 more plants. The other one is a close up to one of the front porch pots that look a little skimpy now but will fill out fast and when I get my other smaller pots out and my wreath up will look better.
Finally got my planting started. The flowers that I got at Flower Day are beautiful and huge, filling my huge pots on the front porch and my 2 window boxes. There weren't quite as many as I had anticipated so I had to get more to fill the backyard containers. John also pointed out, while I was saying that the cost per plant was around a dollar, that that was not the case. I never was all that great at math. Still the cost for planting this year is coming in much less than last year so I'm satisfied with that.
Blogger is being a pain and not letting me post multiple photo's so I'll add a few more in separate posts. It must be blogger, not me, right?
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
1. I have read the Holy Bible all the way through more than once.
2. My greatest blessings are my 3 grown children that all love the Lord.
Two of them are married and have lovely families, the third is getting married this August.
They have all finished college and are gainfully employed.
3. Morning is my favorite time of day, I get up very early, sometimes too early like today it's 2am here.
4. I am Grama to 4 precious little ones and Nana to 4 more. They are all seven and under. 4 live with in a couple of hours of us and the other 4 live way to far away, but we are praying that they move closer soon.
5. Friends are important to me from the gang I went to elementary school with, to the many mentors that have helped me, the new friends that I've made here in Detroit, to my fab 4 that are the most creative bunch of women that I am honored to have in my life, I love them all.
6. My husband is of southern Italian ancestry and I am of English. If you've ever read Cheryl Mendelson's "Home Comforts" you will understand the striking contrast. My adorable Italian neighbors sweep their driveways nearly every day, I on the other hand, prefer ironing ;)
7. My pet peeve is a lack of set meal times. This becomes especially bothersome for me while traveling when everyone is hungry at different times. OK, I just read about that in "Home Comforts" while looking for Mendelson's little blurb about the differences between her Italian & English Grandmother's, but I so agree with what she has to say.
Well, I didn't mean for this post to be all bragging about my wonderful family and friend's, believe me, we have our problems just like every body, but by the grace of God we have love, His greatest gift of all.
Thanks Toni for tagging me, this has been a fun thing to do while not sleeping like I should be. Since I really don't know that many people in blog land I will just say that any body that reads this and wants to post 7 random things about themselves consider yourself tagged.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Yesterday we went down to the Eastern Market in Detroit for pre-Flower Day. We sort of expected to see more unusual variaties of flowers but found that not to be the case. The flowers that they did have were very well priced so I picked up these 5 pots full of pink geraniums and a tray of trailing needlepoint ivy. My plan is to tear the pots apart and use the individual plants to fill my containers out front, 2 window boxes and my 5 urns in the back. There seems to be about 6 individual geraniums in each of the pots which brings the cost of each plant down to less than $1 which is a really good deal. There are also Lobelia and other small green plants that hopefully will fill in the rest of the space in my containers.
Last night I prepared the soil in the urns and pots so today I'll start ripping and planting, we'll see how it goes.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Friday, May 04, 2007
Well, I'm on a roll here today since I found my camera and got the house put back together after the decorating and vacation. Here's another picture of the office that for some reason didn't show up on the other office post. Also, a picture of a section of the kitchen with it's new blue & white checked wallpaper.
I'm still washing sheets and working on the closets upstairs, but inbetween loads and bed changing I keep adding posts. Kyle and Carrie are coming tonight to go to the Red Wing's game tomorrow so I better finish up, take a shower and get to the grocery store soon.