Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Living Room Flowers

When we were up north for the wedding I had a few minutes to visit the cutest shop in Charlevoix and got this cache pot with pink roses on it and a lavender plant to put in it. I put it on a table in the other corner of the living room but it didn't photograph well there so I stuck it here where the light is better, still not the greatest picture but you get the idea.
This mosiac platter with roses on it has been with me for a very long time. It get's moved around a lot and makes a nice serving piece for desserts at Easter.
We have two of these white and pink Morning Glory vases on either side of the secretary sitting on very rickety wall brackets. There is no way I could put anything in them without toppling the whole thing, so we just enjoy their pretty presence from afar. An errant feather duster can send the whole thing crashing to the ground.

Well, most of the flowers are fading in the garden but the sedum seems to be coming in nicely and will soon furnish some color. We also planted a few dahlia bulbs this spring that are starting to produce nice pinkish red blossoms that will look nice in the kitchen and great room.

It is about time to clean out the planters and replace the geraniums with some fall colored mums and change the door wreath. The wreath that I have used for years is looking pretty tired so after I go to the gym this morning I'll try to find something a bit fresher.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying these first few crisp fall like days. The weather here in Michigan has been glorious.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on the wedding. Things have settled down some and Kyle & Carrie seem to be enjoying their wedded bliss while working on the mounds of thank you notes for all the generosity they received.

10 comments:

  1. OOh how pretty! I've been anxiously awaiting new photos on your blog! Can't wait to see your flower boxes - fraid I don't have that kind of energy- so I've bought a token aster for my porch:(
    I remember the vases from the shop - guess I'd best get down there and firm those shelves up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The flower boxes have to wait until next week. I have yet to figure out how to combine crafty homemaker with glamorous wife. The rest of this week will be devoted to mani's ~ pedi's, high heel & 2 brown dress shopping, buffing, fluffing and the like in preperation for the weekends wedding festivities. In addition to which I have to figure out how to maintain the above with boating..............
    Ah, such problems.
    I agree, you best get down here soon and not necessarily to firm those shelves up, well maybe we could work on that between having some girl time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I love painted tole, china, and ANYTHING with flowers!

    ~~mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you already know I love flower pieces. Yours are lovely. The mosiac platter is so pretty, I think it's my favorite. However, the morning glories are really special- heck I just like all of them! The wedding photos were so pretty, while I'm here I think another visit is in order. They found the most beautiful spot to get married. Thanks for all the nice comments (I drove the mini and it is just as spacious inside as a regular car- not like the Miata). I've missed you! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reviewed the wedding site and have to tell you again how beautiful your family is! The bride couldn't be more lovely but the rest the group could be movie stars as well! Great pictures! Again thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty thngs that you have! The wedding pictures are wonderful and the place they were married is stunning! I found you via Melissa's blog (The Inspired Room) and will be adding you to my list of favorites! Have a great weekend! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:11 PM

    I love your new things, they are so pretty and tasteful! :-) Glad you shared them!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love these new treasures! And all your things are so pretty and special! You just have an eye for choosing the right pieces.

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue,
    I love your flower pots - the morning glory ones are my favorite. It's nice to have you back and blogging again.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a most interesting mosaic platter~ let's see it again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue