Monday, September 17, 2007

Consignment Shop Majolica


Last week Dana and I had to go up north to Petoskey to pick up the chairs that I bought for the guest house last summer. While we were up there we went to our favorite consignment shop and I found two majolica pictures to add to my collection, they are the ones in the bottom photo.
The one on the left has is pink on the inside, the one on the right has a bird on a branch of what looks like an apple tree in bloom. The smaller ones in front are reproductions that we carried at Chloe's.
If you are in the Petoskey area I recommend that you take a look at this consignment shop, that I can't remember the name of but if you are interested let me know and I'll give you directions. We were in there for about an hour and during that time there were no less than six ladies in there that looked like they were Interior Designers stopping by on their lunch hours making calls to what appeared to be clients describing certain pieces that they were spotting. This place is a treasure trove of everything from furniture to small items that the people from the resort communities in the area bring in to sell. The prices are unbelievably low and the selection is top notch. It is probably hit and miss but both times that I have been there it has been packed with inventory.
I happily snatched up these two majolica pieces and a blue and white cache pot with a drip plate under it but could have loaded up the car with more goodies for the guest house if we would have had room with all the chairs already in there. We are hoping that in December when we start to put together the GH that they will still have a good selection.
Hope every one had a good weekend. This week I have Jury Duty............but next weekend several of my friend and I are going to our girl friends newly remodeled cottage on Lake Michigan and we are all very excited to see the finished product and share some girl time.
Thanks for all the sweet comments. I'm off to visit some blogs.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I will have to check this place out - it sounds great. Great finds. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your guest house and don't forget your camera at the cottage.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    I was thinking about you and your mom when I wrote that post. The shop is located on the north side of the street that leads out of Petoskey heading toward Bay Harbor just before you get to the Fair Grounds.
    Your reminder to not forget my camera is so cute, you sound just like my daughter.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are coming to our party, thanks!! See you there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your great finds! I can just see one of those vases full of flowers.
    Enjoy!
    Hope you stop by the cafe today =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pieces! Just so pretty...

    A belated Happy Birthday to your handsome son!! My Grandfather's middle name was Aaron, I have always loved it.

    Good luck with Jury duty...so far, I am the only family member that has NOT been called! Hmm...should I worry about that? *smile*

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:36 PM

    Hi Sue,
    I love your blog and especially your welcome note. Those Majolica vases/mugs are beautiful, did you know that they are expensive these days? better get more if they are still there! I wish that consigment shop was in NY I would have got some!Keep up a great job you are doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue