Thursday, February 16, 2012

Party Preps

 Starting to get ready for the birthday party Saturday night.
 Fluffing the petal, leaves, and buds on the poppy napkin rings is a step that takes faux flowers from frumpy to fab.
 I found these poppy napkin rings and dish towels at Sur La Table the other day when I stopped in after getting my hair highlighted and trimmed.
I am hoping they will form the base of a cute tablescape for Dana's party.  She loves poppies and navy blue so I think she will like it.
 I
I also ironed the Chicken apron that I will wear to keep my party clothes clean.  Dana loves Roosters too so the theme is set with a couple of things she likes.

It is raining up here right now ;(  Hopefully it will stop soon and cool back off so we don't loose all of our snow for the skiers on Saturday.  Thanks for stopping by.  It is good to hear from you.
  

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a good start to a party. We had a gloomy morning, but now the sun is out and it is slushy with all the snow melting. Not much skiing going on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Prepping for a party is almost as good as the party itself! Can't wait to see the finished product! Have fun, and don't wear yourself out too much! Thanks for sharing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - I have missed you! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks lovely! happy Monday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue