Monday, February 27, 2012

Leader Dogs For The Blind

We just got word that the puppy we are going to raise for Leader Dogs For The Blind is ready for us to pick up.
We had a choice of a Black Lab and a Golden Retriever/Lab mix.  John chose the later.  We don't have any idea what color it will be but I'm sure we will love it regardless of what color it is.

Next Sunday we pick her up.  You can bet I will post pictures....We are very excited to be able to help Leader Dogs For The Blind by raising a puppy up until the age of 1 when it will then go into obedience training and become avaliable for a client in need of assistance if the dog qualifies.  There are strict guidelines that need to be adhered to.  John has been studying them and will be the dog whisperer.....I will be the dog petter.

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful!!! My inlaws lived in Rochester Hills and participated a couple of times with Leader Dogs. My BIL works there with cleaning and walking the dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great of you! Adorable puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet good luck with your new pup!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    My niece lives in Rochester Hills near the Leader Dog school.
    What a great thing to do. I'm sure your new pup will be a lot
    of help to some deserving person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue