Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good Morning

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Thanks every one for sharing your favorite makeup goodies. Seems like there are a few other MAC fans. One of these days I'll share my MAC stash on here. Hope those of you that checked out Makeup Alley enjoyed it. Some of the conversations on the boards get weird but the product reviews have some value and can save you some money.

We have had lots of company with little ones so the accessories around here tend to get shuffled around when they play with them, which I love that they do but after awhile it comes time to put my own arrangements back into play which means rearranging things a bit.

We have had this old table for years but it is still one of our favorites with its ruffled edge around the top, fret work and the gracefully curved legs. A lot of you are painting your old furniture and I love the look but with all the boy's we have around here and all the flowers and chintz fabrics the patina of the old wood pieces seems to bring the sweetness down a few notches just enough to keep it looking family friendly. Even though the English Country look is out of style right now it works for us.
The builders carpet that was here when we moved in is not holding up to all the wear and tear around here. Old oriental rugs work well to hide any spills or stains that creep into any active house hold and we have several in storage in the basement from previous houses that are waiting to be put back into the rotation when we resurface the living room and great room with nice dark hardwood floors.

Oh, for those of you who have not met RuthAnn yet you might want to stop by her blog Warm Pie Happy Home. The pie picture that I posted for Father's Day was made from her recipe and it was so good. RuthAnn is a Southern Belle Wanna Be just like me except that she now actually lives closer to the south than we probably ever will. She doesn't post often but when she does her posts are loaded with humor, the most amazing kitchen and grace filled inspiration. Stop by and tell her I sent you. She probably thinks I have been stalking her because I've spent so much time enjoying all her yummie stories.

7 comments:

  1. I love your home!
    Hugs,
    Candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO SWEET THING IT IS VERY NICE TO MEET YOU KITTEN...THANK YOU FOR SWINGIN' BY MY PLACE...FOR MY VINTAGE DRESSES... BESIDES OL' FLEA MARKETS...EBAY IS A GREAT PLACE TO START...I HAVE BEEN PRAYING ABOUT PUTTIN A FEW ON MY BLOG! HUMM JUST MAYBE...AS FOR THE SO DARN SWEET WORDS ABOUT MY DEAR FRIEND RTHANN...THANK YOU I WILL LET HER KNOW ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU WROTE! SO SWEET OF YOU DARLIN' ANY WHO SWING BY ANYTIME...CAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just visited Warm Pie..., what a fun site - thanks for the tip! Your living room looks wonderful. Had a 3 hr garage sale last night - more today... what was I thinking!
    Love - S

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a minute I thot Apple was makin' make up!


    I'm still havin a wedding party!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your home! I say that English Cottage never goes out of style. Love the wood pieces and they are a great contrast to the florals. My hubby would be so angry if I painted our antiques white. ;0

    Have a lovely Sunday,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue just stopping by to see how you all are! You have such a lovely cosy home,thank you for sharing it with us!
    Love from Kathy and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue :)

    English Country is out?? I hope not or I'm in trouble! ;)

    Your home is gorgeous!

    hugs,
    rue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue