We were supposed to be in Denver right now but at 4:30 am John woke me up and told me he was having chest pains and that he needed to go to the hospital. When we got there he was immediately diagnosed as having a heart attack. They took him right to the cardiac catherization lab and began a procedure to stop the attack. They were successful at opening the 100% clogged artery and put in a stint to keep it open. Thank God we did not get on that airplane. No telling what the outcome would have been if we did.
He will be in the hospital for another 3 days at least. They need to go back in and open another clogged artery but wanted to wait until he was over the initial attack to attempt it. So, probably on Monday they will to the other procedure.
He is resting comfortably now and when I left the hospital he had eaten dinner, wanted a snack, and was sitting up in a chair watching the Tiger's on TV.
Please join me in praying for his speedy recovery.