Thursday, July 24, 2008

Northern Michigan



Today we are off to Bay Harbor for some family fun this weekend. Bay Harbor is on the northwest part of the lower peninsula of Michigan on lake Michigan. This time of year is so beautiful in northern Michigan. If you are looking for a vacation spot with your family you might want to consider this part of Michigan. There are cute towns along the coast line that offer all kinds of fun for families in every price range. The state parks on the lake are great for camping. Anyone that has one of those adorable Vintage Travel Trailers and is looking for a destination spot would have a great time up there.
You can find accommodations in all price ranges. There are little bed-and-breakfast places in Charlevoix if you like that type of thing. Petoskey offers several of the chain hotel. Boyne Highlands and Bay Harbor are larger resorts that have many attractions. Mackinac Island is a day trip away and always a fun place to take the kids.
I hope y'all have a good weekend and if you are looking for something to do come on up and visit us here in Michigan.
Hugs,
Sue

14 comments:

  1. I am jealous - we are in such a drought here in Texas and even with a hurricane on the coast I am not sure we will get enough rain to matter! I'd like to run away to Bay Harbor with you. Have a great weekend!

    Thanks for your visit to hill country house! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Good morning! I've always wanted to take a trip to this neck of the woods. At first I thot the hotel looked like The Del Coronado on Coronado Island in California! Take care and be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue!

    I am also a Michigander. Your home is very lovely and I absolutely love your Mom and Dad's guest house.....ADORABLE!!!
    My favorite color "green". Have a great day!
    Gail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what I would give to be there instead of here! Have a great time!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue,
    Enjoy your R&R time....sounds like a wonderful place to visit.
    Hugs,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love it up there too.

    We are going to the Homestead over labor day weekend and are trying to squeeze in a trip to Mackinac.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're having fun with the grandson's and getting some r&r yourself! Looking forward to hearing from/ seeing you tomorrow!
    Love - Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAVE FUN!!!!!

    thanks for the comment. How do you know Faudree's publicist? she contacted me too? I was so surprised!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sue,
    It is the first time I visit your blog and I loved it.
    I'm from Portugal and, as you, I like blogging because that's how I found like-minded people.
    Keep blogging
    Love
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, Hope you enjoy your getaway
    I so wish I could go away for a few days!!! Have a great week too! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue :)

    It looks beautiful there, but am I allowed to say that now that I'm married to an Ohio boy? LOL

    Those drinks looked good by the way!

    hugs,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  12. been here done that...loved it!!!!

    your getaway begins at michigan.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Hi sue, just wanted to let you know I used some of your photos on my blog about Marie Antoinnette! I love these photos. I also love your blog. I posted a link to your blog and said the photos came from your blog. Let me know if this is ok. Thanks, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Terri,
    Sure it is OK to use the photos and thank you for the courtesy of asking.
    I would love to visit your blog but cannot find a link. Please leave me an address so we can visit you.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue